View Single Post
Old 03-14-16, 07:53 PM   #10
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfNothing22 View Post
Confused me a bit at first as well but yes it's making sense at last! If I'm following correctly I just have to remember that if the bearing is 180 - 359 I subtract it from 360 to give me a number to fit within 180. Thanks siege

It turns out I actually did this when getting ready to attack a cruiser a few months ago, without realising I was actually doing it. It also doesn't seem too different from when I was learning how to adjust your course to get a 90° AoB shot. I've written the two examples down and I'll keep practising them whenever I encounter a ship to make sure I'm doing it right.

Also, GoldenRivet and Bilge_Rat, thanks for your responses too. Some handy info there for attacks which I'll be sure to keep in mind, but here I was only looking for a precise way of working out a target's exact heading so I can travel parallel to them. In theory I'll find this useful when tracking or shadowing a convoy, since any previous efforts I've made to do so have me constantly changing course due to the distance between us either closing or opening significantly.
Sounds like you've got it exactly right. Good hunting!

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote