View Single Post
Old 02-20-16, 07:28 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Okay, since you all have successfully hijacked my original question - tears and feathers for all of you - , this:

if you want to raise your mobile phoning data security, go Jolla. Its a small company from Finland formed by former Nokia employees, and they sell just one cellphone model with its very own OS, Sailfish, I think it is based on Linux, but I am not sure. No data-krakening. No transportation of data to servers in the US. Little attractiveness for hackers to code malware for it. No bloatware. No profiling. But Android apps can be run on it (then inviting the vulnerabilties for Android malware). Full multitasking capability, showing all open processes on one screen. Probably the safest way to buy and use a cellphone currently.

They struggle to increase and maintain market access, however. Too many people still fall for blinking lights and funny sounds and all the spying clown stuff offered by Google and Apple. With 200 bucks, the price is far from the hilarious status symbols that Apple and Samsung demand for their "flagships".

https://jolla.com/

If I would want a smartphone for mobile phoning, I would have a close look at this one.