View Single Post
Old 02-19-16, 09:17 AM   #407
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Yeah. The OLC interface was primarily designed for pure manual targeting using the scope wheels and accepting input into the TDC controls that appear when clicking the switch.

You can find OLC's video tutorials here which are really good: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1112

Tailmange did a pretty good video on Youtube using OLC GUI, not exactly the same as the LSH3 interface but pretty close:

I've discovered that the only differences between the videos and the LSH implementation is that the recognition manual is different and where the controls show up is different (I think OLC vid matches). When using the rings, when you get the mast height in marks, you have to compare it against 2x the mast height listed in the recog manual (OLC's mast heights were actually doubled in his recognition manual IIRC) ie. master height is 23.1 then you would compare against 46.2, and reading only half of the horizontal marks to determine AOB. You can practice this in the torpedo training mission to confirm. In OLC's vid he also shows how he uses the Attack Disk.

In OLC-Gold the 2 x mast height was omitted if I remember correctly. Still you get used to do "the doubling" very quickly.

Also using Shift + T, locks / Unlocks the TDC. Good to have in last moment adjustments.

In choppy weather its difficult to get a good estimate on the number of notches when "rings" are activated (no mouse control).
I usually decide a fix distance say 800m. Then determine how many notches it will take and switch back to ordinary scope view.
Here I can control the scope using ctrl + mouse and swipe across my target until I read the right number of notches. Note: in normal view each notch is 2 times the number with rings-view activated.
When correct I lock scope and fire.

/P

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote