View Single Post
Old 01-24-16, 10:31 AM   #29
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
my test file was very simple. I just moved a K-gun node in the *.dat file to the bow and rotated it to point forward. With S3D it took just a few seconds to achieve this.
This is how I would do it:

-adjust wpn_Kgun controller's ranges to about 250 m (you can have as many "ranges" array items as you want, so maybe it will help having more than one of them, each with a different setting, so to allow more flexibility).

- if you are using a regular Kgun as template, add two more barrel nodes to it so to have three depth charges thrown at once, one for each barrel. I am not sure if barrels need a 3D mesh attached to them in order to work. If so, for the moment you can attach some dummy model to the new barrels, and set it to invisible.

- adjust barrel nodes' pitch (i.e. x axis rotation) to about 45 deg: this was the approximate elevation of squid laucher's barrels.

- adjust the yaw (y axis rotation) of each barrel individually, so to create a triangular spread. In theory you should obtain a pattern like the one seen in the picture below (courtesy of navweaps.com):

- equip a corvette with a couple of modified K-guns fitted on her front deck and pointing right forward, lauch the game and cross your fingers

I would do the above tweaks myself, but atm I have not SHIII installed, only SHIV and V, but If you upload somewhere the stock K-gun files I can give it a go, or I could use SHIV files as template: the shouldn't be too dissimilar from SHIII ones.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have a skype account.
Ok, I will do some free space in my PM box

Quote:
I have also found a video of the thrower in your pictures:

And a few more shots:
Thank you very much, they help a lot

All the best, gap off

P.S: launcher's meshes are nearly finished:

Last edited by gap; 05-05-20 at 07:26 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote