View Single Post
Old 01-15-16, 12:39 PM   #10
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0

...there is a better one, though i forget its name. it has a fighter jet on the front coming through a cloud. its a little tricky to set up but when its running its superb. i ran it on my old XP and managed to shut down nearly 100 background programmes which made such a difference back then, it was a relief. damned if i can remember it though...ive even had a little search on-line but cant find it. sorry. maybe someone here can remember it - i think someone here recommended it to me..?

ive found it; AlacrityPC

AlacrityPC is based on an old boosting tool called FSAutoStart which was made especially to improve Microsoft Flight Simulator performance. It’s now designed to help you get the most out of your computer when running anything resource intensive by shutting down unnecessary services and processes beforehand. AlacrityPC works with profiles and you can either use one of the defaults or create your own to turn off exactly what processes and services you want. Drag the profile icon to the desktop so you can launch it automatically.
Read More: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/safely-c...osed-programs/

its not had an update since 2008 so i dont know if it will work on later OS systems but it was a very good tool indeed. you need spend a little time setting it up but its the results if it works.
Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by flag4; 01-15-16 at 12:53 PM.
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote