View Single Post
Old 12-13-15, 05:44 PM   #233
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
10. I restored map-contacts in the game. That is, even the pointy ship silhouettes that you have when zoomed-in. I'm not an advocate of using them in careers, at least not for experienced players, but there are situations where they are desirable. Like for new, or rusty players, mission development, mod development, things like that. I find them very useful in studying and testing the physics of things. This also includes all the aircraft, and the torpedoes and attack map stuff. Some people in the past have stated they liked RFB overall, but used other mods because of this. I figure people can suit themselves in this matter.
More later.................
TMOPlot and EZPlot will change any mod configuration into whatever plotting system people like without making any changes to your mod's gameplay so it's really not an issue. People have their choice of plotting systems regardless of mod setup.

Because of the hard-wired nature of plotting, we can't get to the perfect plotting system no matter what we do. So choice is appropriate.

Although I usually play with TMOPlot, you'll notice just about all my videos are done with EZPlot and the stock silhouettes for clear illustration of the principles being taught.

And yes, everyone who has played with water and atmosphere has come up with a bloody nose. The law of unintended consequences seems to play a heavy hand there. At the end of the process you say "it's different." Is it better? Yes and no. For every consequence you intended there are three others you didn't intend. Two of those are bad. It's fun to play with but seems scarce on rewards!

I look forward to playing with ISP.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote