View Single Post
Old 12-13-15, 02:12 PM   #230
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

As an example, I like the 'Optical Targeting Correction' mod, obviously it was needed, however to use it I needed to modify the menu_1024_768.ini, and other files that changed some unrelated things I was already happy with.

I keep my mouth shut because I am very grateful that there still are talented people who are willing to spend the time and continue to make fantastic mods eight +/- years after SH4 was released. Amazing!

The point raised by RR and some others makes sense when considering whether or not to add a 'much needed' mod; I always need to ask, 'what else does it do??'

It is my responsibility to struggle to learn how to add or remove features in a mod that will change things back to how I like my SH4 to run. So many other players can't mod their games though. I'm not that good either so I choose not to install certain mods I could like because they are way beyond my abilities to reverse engineer.

Lastly, RSRD began as a 'shipping' mod that has turned into a mega mod that changes additional features in SH4 now. I wish RSRD stayed with the traffic layers. I'm not complaining though, I just don't use it.

Happy Hunting! - (I hope I didn't ramble too much here)
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote