Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Fritz loves new platform!
But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

If you get much closer than this, the shell should realistically hit platform's floor. I doesn't because, due to the bug I described yesterday, I had to make platform's collision mesh open on both bottom and top ends, so the shell is hitting the inner part of platforms' wall. That's a flaw indeed. Well spotted Vecko!

Possible solutions that are coming to my mind are:
  • lowering a bit the collision mesh (but that would be a bit unrealistic, as it would suppose an impossible shell trajectory for avoiding the platform and, as you know, I am not a friend of this sort of "shortcuts" );
  • moving the bunker further forward relative to its platform (but not too much otherwise, as you have already experienced, the gun wont work at all);
  • using the ObjectTurret controller for limiting guns's nevative elevation to what will avoid platform hits by CD guns, and closing the way to any sneaking U-boat with mines and/or with my upcoming subnets, conveniently placed in gun's blind spots (as you can imagine that's my favourite, but I know you will have some objections);
  • a mix of the above.

Let's ponder about them
How do you see it
gap is offline   Reply With Quote