View Single Post
Old 12-12-15, 07:37 PM   #3421
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
OK, that will require some extensive testing. Cant do it now though, but I could fire few torpedoes on it...
Take your time on it. Just tried firing a set of torpedoes at different depths. Everything is as expected. The bunker in my screenies below survived four torpedo hits unharmed

Quote:
What about "guns hitting platform when trained down" problem? Could you lower invisible collision wall a bit?
Quote:
EDIT
There's another problem though, If sub is close enough to the bunker and guns need to be trained down slightly, the shell will always hit some kind of invisible wall...

Yes, invisible collision wall is rising slightly above platform level, just checked in goblin...
tested it too. It this close enough?

If you get much closer than this, the shell should realistically hit platform's floor. I doesn't because, due to the bug I described yesterday, I had to make platform's collision mesh open on both bottom and top ends, so the shell is hitting the inner part of platforms' wall. That's a flaw indeed. Well spotted Vecko!

Possible solutions that are coming to my mind are:
  • lowering a bit the collision mesh (but that would be a bit unrealistic, as it would suppose an impossible shell trajectory for avoiding the platform and, as you know, I am not a friend of this sort of "shortcuts" );
  • moving the bunker further forward relative to its platform (but not too much otherwise, as you have already experienced, the gun wont work at all);
  • using the ObjectTurret controller for limiting guns's nevative elevation to what will avoid platform hits by CD guns, and closing the way to any sneaking U-boat with mines and/or with my upcoming subnets, conveniently placed in gun's blind spots (as you can imagine that's my favourite, but I know you will have some objections);
  • a mix of the above.

Let's ponder about them
gap is offline   Reply With Quote