View Single Post
Old 11-24-15, 01:11 PM   #5
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the links, guys.

I have pretty much come to the point where I have almost "mastered" the game. By that, I mean that I have a well developed package of tactics and strategy and attack and evasion methods, as well as a well-honed instinct for intercepting convoys and finding good hunting zones. The only way up from here for me in terms of challenge is to make the switch to manual targeting. I've had a few private correspondences with members and they suggest I learn the manual targeting method.

Up to now I have been "simulating" that I have been doing it; charting courses, making numerous observations and firing multiple torpedoes at certain targets, and other compensations to simulate the real life uncertainty a captain would feel. I have very much enjoyed the torpedo model in the h.sie patch, so that even full auto targeting is now no longer certain, and less so as range to target increases.

But now, it really is time for me to take my game to the limit. As I am preparing to do a full clean install of GWX, I would like to incorporate a widescreen GUI that, if not fully dedicated to manual targeting, has some aids to that end. I have been looking at the Ahnenerbe GUI as recommended by a friend. I have been feeling a bit uncertain about that one simply due to my difficulty understand the documentation, but it does look it would fit the bill.

I will check out all recommendations made here. Thanks for the help.