View Single Post
Old 11-14-15, 05:12 AM   #343
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post
Does the fact to put OSI.exe in administrator mode is mandatory ?
Hi Choum,

it is not, depending however by the computer OS settings. As a general rule my advice is to set the OSI.exe file running with administrator rights.

During my tests (all done with Win7 OS) with two different PC i had some problems with that, on one of them i wasn't able to change the OSI.exe priority, i solved the problem only by giving administrator rights to the OSI.exe file itself (however, as i said many times, i'm not a programmer, probably there is another way to handle this but i don't know it for sure).

My guess is that depending by the OS personal account settings it could happen that there is no need to put the OSI.exe in administrator mode but i think it's quite difficult to evaluate all possible OS configurations for all players, especially unexperienced ones (we carry on the risk to generate a lot of confusion giving more ways to handle this fix depending by different OS account settings, just my thought)... since it is an action to be taken once i recommend to do it anyway .

I hope this could be of some help !
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote