CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Oh oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi CB
I can confirm that both the VIIA and VIIB boats are both available from the start.
When you start SH3Commander for the first time it usually shows the VIIA as the default boat.
Use the drop down tab and if the VIIB is there then it can be selected as your starting boat.
In the Office the VIIB should also be available from the upgrades tab in August 1939.

Peter

Hello again BERBSTER and thank you.

It seems I have another "mystery"...my LSH3 V15 does not work that way at all. When I start a new career from LSH3 2015 SH3 Commander and select 8/39, I have only one choice, no options..."Erprobungsstelle" and a Type VIIB (three hull numbers if I want to specify one...83, 84 or 86). When I launch the game to start that new career and go to the "office" there is no option to "buy" a Type VIIA or any other new boat. I also do not get that option when I return from my first "training" patrol and request transfer to a new Flotilla. BTW, the boat I was assigned to was U-48, not 83, 84 or 86.

But, if I start a new career in 9/39 (or 10/39 or 11/39), I am offered "Erprobungsstelle" and either a Type IIA or VIIB. I am also offered the 1st and 7th Flotillas, but if I select one of them, there are no boats offered (the box is blank). If I choose either the 1st or 7th and click the "launch" box, I get an error notice that no Flotilla or Boat has been selected (but I did select a Flotilla and can't select a boat type).

There must be something amiss...but I'm inclined to ignore it for now and go on with the career I already started; maybe I'll think about looking into fixing this problem sometime down the road.

But thanks again, nice to know an experienced user is around to help.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote