View Single Post
Old 11-05-15, 08:00 PM   #94
artbysmiley
Nub

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnesw View Post
I got it to work with the CFV, and patched my Steam-game yesterday. Worked like a charm! You need to follow the doc to the letter.

Getting the CFV to work is really the hardest part of this. In my case, I had to download two files from Microsoft. It is documented in THEBERBSTER's Tutorial Post #161 where you download the files, and how to make them work. The error message from the CFV will tell you which file(s) you're missing.

What I did, that is not mentioned in the tutorial, is that I ran my zip-tools and the cmd-line as administrator (right click-> run as administrator). Since you're dealing with system files, I figured it would be less hassle this way.

I'm running Windows 10.
Oh haha I guess I should have read the entire instructions first before attempting this because you are right. I do get the missing file errors as outlined at the very bottom of the instructions. I will download those missing files and try again. Thank you. That's reassuring cause I'm running windows 10 as well.

I've got CFV working. Thanks. I discovered that the two missing files that give the errors when trying to run icvf are actually included with the icfv download. So I just moved them to my syswow64 folder followed the cmd prompt instruction in the original post. And you are right I had to run the cmd line as administrator in order to get that to work properly. Now I have a dvd version sh5.exe 1.2 in my steam folder. Haven't tried installing the genericpatcher yet but it is looking promising.

Last edited by artbysmiley; 11-06-15 at 12:23 AM. Reason: adding to
artbysmiley is offline   Reply With Quote