View Single Post
Old 11-04-15, 06:18 PM   #250
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Unanswered questions

First question, again; should the additional V15 MODs be applied in the order they appear in the MOD folder?

Next; I'm still hoping there is a way to fix this odd problem. If I install either of the optional GUI Widescreen Mods, I get this pop-up warning when I start the game: "sh3.exe - Entry Point Not Found...The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll." If I click on the "OK" button in the warning message box several times (exactly 29 times to be accurate), the warning goes away and the game starts and runs perfectly well. But, it is annoying and I'm wondering if it will cause problems later on as the game progresses (I still haven't ventured any farther than testing in the Naval Academy training courses, using the Full Version and GUI Widescreen MOD).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening? To answer the obvious questions: yes, the OS (Win 7) and NVIDIA drivers are both current with all updates installed, and yes, the original SH3 installation was from an Ubisoft DVD, the d3d9.dll is in the main folder.

My system is an Alienware Area 51 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit, i7 960 Quad Core, 12GB DDR 1333MHz Triple Channel RAM, 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (RAID 1) 32MB Cache HDD, Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 460 Video Card, with a Dell U3011 monitor.

Lastly, I tried to replace the stock officer icons in the data\Menu\GUI\Layout folder (in the FULLVERSION Mod folder) with the Das Boot "OfficerA" icons from GWX3, but it didn't work. I would also like to get the crew out of their service dress uniforms and into more casual patrol attire, using Raptor's uniform mod, but I don't know if that would cause problems and I hope someone can tell me whether or not that would be the case.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote