View Single Post
Old 10-15-15, 06:27 PM   #1496
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Why, you knew exactly what he said so communication occurred. What would actually hearing the word add to the communication?
Realism, authenticity, making it believable?

I wasn't even talking about hearing, I was referring to the texts when he communicated using the hacked rover to communicate via Pathfinder.
I somehow struggle to believe that NASA scientists actually added a profanity filter just in case someone would use this thing someday and omgdarestodropanfbomb!

The purpose of this was to move along with questionable and in my opinion hypocritical moral standards.
Why hypocritical?
even by masking a word, or beeping out a word partially, you still project the 'real' word into someones head, so you basically said or wrote it anyways. This means that the whole idea of this censorship is BS to begin with. Ridley, or whoever, simply could have chosen a sentence that expresses the characters feelings/situation without the use of profanity, because using profanity but then censoring is... well I won't repeat myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
There are a lot of things that people do in real life that we don't need to see in a movie.
Speak for yourself.
I prefer authenticity over hypersensitivity any day and I guess I explained why this actually matters to me.