View Single Post
Old 10-13-15, 12:34 PM   #4401
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Spyron was made for stock or GFO. Maybe there is a problem with TMO campaign with Spyron over it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I'm pretty sure you are correct Sir : ) - especially if the problem is universal to all installs of TMO 2.5.
-
OK Laffertytig, I have an answer. Sofu Gan is not misplaced, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
There weren't any dds which was the thing I found most strange, there was an aircraft though.

I also thought it was highly doubtful that such a powerful task force would be parked at such an island, surely they would only weigh anchor in major naval bases?

Was this type of scenario added in the Spyron mod? I assumed it was maybe a mod conflict with TMO.
I asked the Spyron mod creator if 'the Japanese used that area in an attempt to keep their capital ships hidden, or as a 'staging area' to assemble a Task Force prior to departing on a mission, or is it meant as a pleasant surprise for someone on patrol to stumble upon".

He said the group of capital ships approx 13 nm SW of Sofu Gan is there, "both as a pleasant surprise & because the Japanese did use that area as a staging point. I also placed some Japanese DDs & aircraft around the perimeter of the staging area."

I have stumbled into that group, have also completed that particular mission, and there seemed to be heavy air cover (enough to keep me down most of the time); plus the DD's started to move in to search as soon as the first torpedo hit. I never attempted it during the day and planned my attack to take place at night (whenever possible I try to plan my attacks to take place at night).

When I attacked, the Capital ships reacted, had their spotlights searching for me, and fired their 5" guns where they thought I was. They also 'poured on the steam' and moved to try to evade my torpedo attack.

Because the Spyron mod was made for Stock 1.5, there probably is a simple roster(??) conflict. It could be corrected if the difference between TMO 2.5, (also 2.1 & 2.2 if using the Small_patch) and TMO 1.9 could be found because a lot of the members used TMO 1.9. I'm thinking that something relatively simple changed in TMO 2.0 that kept the guys using 1.9. Not sure.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by aanker; 10-13-15 at 12:39 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote