View Single Post
Old 10-10-15, 05:25 PM   #2799
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Ouch..I'm aware of that mod and I'm not so impressed with it...The mod contains bunch of ugly looking ships with stock textures and it will largely destabilize even stock game, not to mention game stability with OHII and NewUIs on board, it's CTD fest. Some ships are even duplicated (like T3 tanker ) .
Yes indeed, MTNS isn't the most bug free mod, quite the opposite, but I guess converting all of the units it conatins within a reasonable time wasn't an easy task for one person

Quote:
Well, I'm satisfied with the look of two imported freighters but medium tanker looks kind a dull...I'll send you my work so you can revise it...
Which one? I have just downloaded your pack. The problem might be caused by a missing ambient occlusion map, wrong reflection map, or wrong material settings

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that thread (of course) and I have always wondered why we can see SV and Uekel's imported ships in OHII but not your tanker which looks quite OK ?
When the dat unit conversion method was discovered, the focus was especially on small/medium size merchants, scarcely represented in stock game. The Japanese tanker was more a personal experiment than else.

Quote:
If everything is OK with it we can add it, why not...Did you make all necessary changes in sim, val, zon, and dat files?
I has been a long time since when I worked on that unit. I don't remember exactly which files I edited, but I think everything was okay. You can have a look by yourself:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3m...ppon_Tanker.7z

You can start playing with that model while I clear up the mod, delete unneded files, and optimize it for inclusion in TWoS
gap is offline   Reply With Quote