View Single Post
Old 09-27-15, 08:40 PM   #9
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
The problem is every time NASA announces an announcement it gets the internet buzzing with talk of exotic possibilities like alien ruins or fossils, and then it ends up being a bit of a damp squib when they announce a new form of wind erosion or dark streaks on slopes. It all starts becoming quite anti-climatic. Which is sad because everyone gets jaded and I don't think it does much for NASA´s reputation when they hype a upcoming announcement. They should just state what they found.

Personally, I'm hoping the Curiosity rover stumbled upon the Valley of the Lost Dryer Socks. I'm down to my last intact pair.
You're absolutely right, they cry Wolf every single time they found some new kind of dirt, or discovered some new way that rocks are made, or for some unknown reason the methane levels on Mars increased by a fraction of a percent.

And you're right everybody gets jaded about it.... I for one I'm completely sick of hearing about these new Mars findings, its always something mundane and boring. And they do themselves no good by completely over selling it for a week leading up to the announcement