View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 06:42 PM   #80
Politenessman
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
No one expects to afford a high end mobile. There are plenty pay as you go flip phones. But, in the 80's there was public pay phones on every corner. Not anymore. A mobile phone is a necessity. The street corner .10 cent phone is not longer available. Calling a cab or setting up a drug deal from a payphone is not longer a option. And as with the automobile, life has been directed with the use of an automobile. Life is also directed with the use of a cellphone. Many business, including my own, require a cellphone. In the 80's a cellphone was not required in places of employment.

Television, in my neck of the woods a special box is required to still received "free" television. The free TV channel selection is very minimal.

I'm not sure why the tangent on telling kids what to study, follow a passion or what they love have to do with expenses of cable TV and a cell phone.
You don't need a mobile phone, nor do you need a car, or for that matter, a TV - they are lifestyle/financial choices you make and if your workplace requires a mobile phone, they can supply it.

If you 'need' a mobile phone to set up your drug deals, you have bigger issues than phone affordability to be getting on with.

Re telling people what to study, you might have noted people were complaining about University debts in this thread, perhaps reading the thread before commenting on 'tangents' would be helpful in future?
Politenessman is offline   Reply With Quote