View Single Post
Old 08-18-15, 09:24 AM   #179
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

Regarding the mining of user data, almost any operating system or software, not to mention websites, engage in some level of such data gathering. If you think by avoiding one or another application you're going to prevent someone from getting info on you, you are indeed naïve...

<O>
Concerning mining of the user data, if you are simply using the machine to surf the web and games of what difference does it matter there is mining of my data? Let's face it and as you said, the data mining has gone on for decades. What is out there about any user is already found on the net. Hell, I have no idea how my entire living address history from 1988 to present ended up on the net. Do I care? Not really, one can check the phone book for addresses. Or the fact that I look up a new car and investigate the automobile only find any pages I bring up after the investigation now has advertisements for the said car I was just looking into. I reviewed drills last week. Now every page has drills for sale.

Just what data that is being mined is so critical to the user that they will not use certain apps or stop using a OS? If that data is that critical then one should not be on the net, correct?