View Single Post
Old 08-17-15, 08:09 AM   #176
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus View Post
OK I replied in another thread to this but to repeat myself, Firefox is not stopped from being selected as the default browser. I installed it, selected it as my default and away I go. Not once has Windows 10 tried to stop it. As for Edge, easy to disable along with all the other stuff. I get you don't like it, fair enough. Then use Linux or get a Mac. Edge is a new browser, and in my opinion it sucks.
Edge is not a new browser, it is a new shell for Exploder. It merely nerfs Exploder into a cell phone app, nerfs all its options and doesn't work right. You're still using Exploder in wolf's clothing.

How to use Firefox as your default browser. Read it and weep. "Easy" has a brand new definition and it isn't pretty.

What's left after you disable "all the other stuff." We have a new definition of "all" which means "what we want to tell you chumps." Keep in mind that it's very early in the game and all we can say with confidence is that Microsoft is NOT acting in good faith. The next six months to a year will reveal five invasions of our privacy for every one we know now. And everything newly discovered will be something that doesn't even have an opt out option, much less the opt in recommendation of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Finally, there are at least four ways to upgrade from Windows 10 to the last Microsoft operating system that actually served its users: Windows 7. Bail out now and you can always go back if you find out I'm wrong. But I'm not wrong. I'm telling a tiny slice of the bad news we don't even know yet.

If all else fails, the street price for Windows 7 licenses (genuine, I'm not going to advocate theft. When you buy something legitimately you send a message that that's what you will buy and nothing slimier. Money is communication.) is about $70. Windows 7 images are still available on the Internet from legitimate sources and upgrading to it is a bargain.

Windows 10 = Antivirus Pro = Ask Toolbar = Cryptolocker = adware/spyware/malware. It's the penultimate example of using social engineering to induce us to harm ourselves. Yes Linux and Mac are superior by far to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 but it is not yet necessary to jump ship. It's time to put your money to work to vote for Windows 7 if necessary as an alternative to voluntary victimhood.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 08-17-15 at 08:28 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote