View Single Post
Old 08-17-15, 07:53 AM   #175
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Just remember that Edge and Windows itself are Facebook. They exist for the purpose of using you as a mine for sellable information and gathering that takes lots of background processes and steals time from your use of your machine. The latest information says that doesn't stop even if you deselect all the privacy invading options Microsoft makes available.

Windows no longer exists to serve your needs. It exists to serve Microsoft's, which profits greatly from your voluntary victimhood and hence the "free" price. It isn't free.

Except on an expendable machine, I'd wait at least six months for all the bad stuff to come out and the gurus to defang this beast. Then I'd STILL cast a jaundiced eye toward a product which doesn't think it's possible to earn an honest profit.

Neal, if you back up your data, do a restore if you have a restore partition on your hard drive, or a clean install if you have an installation disk (the best way), you can reinstall software and backup your data. Your machine will run like a scalded dog with no adware/spyware.

That's the only positive part of Windows 10: since the operating system and software provided IS adware/spyware you don't have to worry about downloading any! I just KNEW I could say something nice about Windows 10.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote