View Single Post
Old 08-16-15, 10:12 AM   #6901
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aks View Post
2. The C2 Merchant changed to Medium Merchant. In stock SH3 C2 had 6200 t. In GWX he have less than 5000 t. I want to know why?
Stock SH3 only has a tiny handful of merchants to represent hundreds of different types. The C2 is the only merchant of average medium size in the game. While the first C2s were built in 1939 they were strictly American. There were some sold to other countries but not until 1941. This means that you have a very specific American ship representing dozens of different European merchants, not one of them realistic.

I was one of the ones who pointed this out ten years ago, when the game was new. The original Grey Wolves team chose to rename the ship so in name at least it could represent the more common medium freighters, though there were many different types and none of them looks like a C2. The also reduced the size to reflect the average tonnage of the average medium merchant.

With the coming of IABL's Merchant Fleet Mod that is no longer necessary. In my Ship Names Mod I renamed it "C2" again, and made it so it's only American and only real C2 names apply. I don't know how to change the tonnage back, though.