Old 08-14-15, 08:09 PM   #1481
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Thank you for your comments.

All I can say is, due to the amount of work required, WOTK will be first and foremost centered on providing a realistic Total Conversion experience for World War I German undersea warfare. Rather than just throwing a few WWI subs into SH4's Pacific ambience, I intend to re-create an Early 20th Century European maritime field of battle...with new buildings, new characters, new friendly/enemy units, new marine environment, etc.

Depending on how work progresses, anything is possible. But I don't want to guarantee surface warfare at this point, given how much has to be done.

I read of the Emden when I was a boy, and I, too agree it would make for a thrilling inclusion. The ship and her captain fought brilliantly against long odds, earning the respect of both sides. Moreover, it represents single ship action and fits in well with Silent Hunter's mechanics (unlike naval operations with task forces).

In other words, wait and see!
Either way I'm super excited for this mod. It's hard to find good WWI stuff.

Wish I could help, but I'm not good with modelling and I don't know how SH's files work or how to do code.

Also I was wondering how much of the mod is complete?