View Single Post
Old 08-13-15, 12:34 PM   #1214
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpoints View Post
Hm. I know JSGME has a function to save a snapshot of current game files as a backup (Tasks > Take Snapshot...), wouldn't that likely solve the issue without resorting to a reinstall if that were necessary? Not to say that I was wise enough to remember to use said function, but it might be useful info for you. (and me in the future)

Do you know which of those UPC files exactly can be corrupted? Are they stock files or RFB files, the only ones I see in my /Submarine folder are RFB files. Which, in that case: I would think disabling RFB via JSGME, deleting the RFB folder in /MODS, and reextracting/reenabling RFB would overwrite any lingering corrupt files with clean RFB files. Does RFB save any specific user data that would mess up a current save by removing it?
Yes, check the snapshot and see what's different. It compares what files are installed now, to what was installed at the time you took it.

There are so many files that interact with \submarines, it could be time consuming to track this down.

If the snapshot is different, it may be reparable....... or if not, maybe 'commit' to RFB, reinstall RFB, its Patch, and RSRD again if you use it. That would overwrite any error in RFB, but you'd lose your clean unmodded Stock.

You'd think the older Saves should/might be compatible with a clean, corrected RFB install - if that is the cause. I'm not sure how this all too common deck gun error happens. I am no expert modder, I only know a few things, so I'm not certain but I'm thinking this error probably begins with the Sub class upgrade, or a major upgrade to the boat, and Saved games remembers and tracks that.

Too avoid a lot of this with the super mods, I extract them on a clean install of Stock, add their patch, and then use that configuration as a starting point to install JSGME. (I won't be able to uninstall RFB or its patch). I only use JSGME for small mods on that RFB install.

That's me. GB are cheap nowadays with these huge HD's, and it's only 5 GB for each install, and Multi-SH4 is great.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote