View Single Post
Old 08-08-15, 09:30 PM   #196
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpoints View Post
I just recently picked it up as I got myself on a bit of a sub-fix by playing the superb board game Silent War. I had SH5 sitting in my Steam account for the longest time so I started with that a few weeks ago, though naturally I fully intended to hop in a fleet boat if I found I enjoyed the core gameplay of the series.

It was slightly disappointing not being able to walk (or float) around the whole sub in order to really get a sense of the size difference between the fleet boats and U-Boats. So far though I'm really enjoying the the more captain-centered perspective of SH4.

I'm currently running RFB + RSRD and liking what I see so far mod-wise, except for the lack of "real navigation". Being able to plot a nice neat search pattern in the middle of a typhoon and chugging right along it at x2000+ TC just doesn't work for me. Is there a current SH3/SH5 style RealNav mod for SH4 1.5/RFB? This is the only one I could find, and it wasn't compatible with either stock 1.5, RFB, or TMO.
I wonder why there is no Fleet boat interior mod, there are plenty of fleet boat museums in the U.S. So it is possible to see the full interior of a fleet boat.
avers is offline   Reply With Quote