Old 07-31-15, 10:45 AM   #112
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Only two negatives so far:

1. Clicking the Start button still takes you to the Start Page - the one with all the tiles. Re-installing Classic Shell took care of that. Other than that the Start Page doesn't exist, unless you want to look at something there.

2. Microsoft Edge (the replacement for Windows Explorer) works fine, but all my Favorites disappeared. The good news is that they are all stored in a folder in Windows/Users, so I can re-install them. I'm only doing this one-at-a-time as I go to each page.

Other than that I don't see much difference from 8.1, which seems to be a good thing.

Try this procedure Steve to use Mozilla or any other browser you want. This should give you back your favorites

Upgrading to Windows 10 will automatically make Microsoft Edge your PC's default Web browser, even if you used a different browser when your PC was running Windows 7 or Windows 8. You can make Mozilla Firefox, Google (GOOGL, Tech30) Chrome, Apple (AAPL, Tech30) Safari or another app your default browser in Windows 10, but it's not as easy or intuitive to do that as it was in previous versions of Windows.

1) Click the "Use this as my default browser" button. That will launch the Settings app, opened to the "Choose default apps" tab.

2) Click on the Microsoft Edge logo. Picking a browser won't immediately be visible: You'll have to scroll down to where it says "Web browser," and click on Edge -- something Mozilla notes "may not be intuitive."

3) Click on the browser of your choice. You'll be prompted to choose an app (Mozilla would appreciate it if you chose Firefox, but Microsoft will show you all of the browsers installed on your PC). Close the window to save your changes.

At that point you can choose and save your favorites within the browser of your choice.

I hope this helps you and everyone else

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 07-31-15 at 11:01 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote