View Single Post
Old 07-30-15, 03:30 PM   #2
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1124
Uploads: 10

Default Update 2

30/07/2015

17:14 – I attach my 2TB USB Drive to the laptop, this drive has all my Silent Hunter data. This includes the following:
· Offline Install files “ no need for DVD’s”
· Stock install of SH3 Vanilla / stock install GWX 3.0 & Mod Soup
· Game Installs / for both Laptop & Desktop
· Small Mods Folder
· Large Mods Folder
· SH3 Commander Mods
· Tools

17:05 – I delete the old game install for laptop, and I create a new one.

17:55 – I copy a stock install of GWX3.0 into the newly created Laptop game folder.

18:50 – I add SH3 Commander to the new install and install all the mods I use.

19:41 – I begun to unpack all the JSGME mods directly into the main install, Harbor / Enviro / Uboat etc. Checking the game after each set, I find this better than using JSGME as it would always crash, yet using the same mix this way I have not had any more errors. I will list all mods later.

21:00 – All mods now included in the new directory, I rub my hands together…. And I click on the SH3 Commander to begin.
I run all games directly from the USB drive, I have no SH3 files stored on desktop or laptop.

21:18 – Game runs, however it’s dead centre of the screen with a black border each side., yet with Windows 8.1 it stretched across the screen my is showing resolution 1366 x 768.

21:20 – Enter my mods folder and extracts “WideScreen_complete_GWX&StockSH3” from Rubini. My screen has now moved to the left hand side, with the border on the right side on the menu screen. When I move my mouse to the right it leaves a pointer trail in the border – however the main game window is now full screen, I sail to the Lock games at Wilhelmshaven and end petrol, external camera is working, so is are all departments – no CTd’s yet Will explore more during the next few hours.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 07-30-15 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spacing
s7rikeback is online   Reply With Quote