View Single Post
Old 07-24-15, 08:07 AM   #79
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_nix View Post
What are your plans in regard to the environment? It'd be great if it was something like Improved Stock Environment, but I know it's a constant battle between AI sensors and game play vs eye candy.

I think real dark nights where you can barely see the horizon in the binoculars is more realistic, and it's more exciting in night attacks when you can't see anything.

I think RFB captures that better than TMO for example.
Yes, I've got plans to change the stock environment.

For instance, here's a stock image of a calm sea/clear sky (all images are about the same time of day, facing the same direction):

Just for comparison, TMO 2.5 (for some reason TMO starts the same mission an hour earlier ):

Something I've been playing with:

I don't know if I like the glare that much or not!? It only shows like this when looking in the direction of the sun. But then again, there should be glare when looking towad the sun!!

All of these images are from the U.S. Campaign first default mission (Dec. 9, 1941) from Pearl, with an "Out at Sea" starting position.

The following is an image of the stock game looking back toward shore......remember seeing a T3 Tanker sometimes anchored toward the shore line outside of Pearl? The tanker is centered in this non zoomed image:

Here's the same shot with TMO 2.5 (the T3 wasn't positioned on this mission ). However, notice TMO's scale of the same distance object's, the Oahu Island size is quite smaller. OK, dont't strain your eyes trying to find the island....it's almost invisible except for the refelection:

With TMO (and the stock game for that matter), the Oahu Island is almost lost in the background. Only the reflection remains??
No way the island should not show, yet the reflection does!?!

Mine:

The T3 can be seen fairly clearly.....so is the Island.

Here's a zoomed binocular view of the T3 from TMO. The refelection tells you there's an island there:

Here's mine:

This isn't the interface I'm going to use....it's stock, I just used the stock interface because the "environment views" are the only thing I was working on in these images.

Still have some changes/tweaks planned, but you can see I've got something in mind.

Thanks for asking!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 10-30-15 at 02:43 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote