View Single Post
Old 07-07-15, 02:49 AM   #1345
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default weird coincidence tonight at work

Met a new ATM tech tonight, on the job, who was a navigator on the USS Hawkbill (SSN-666) sometimes called "The Devil Boat" or the "Devilfish" because of her hull number (666); chapter 13 of the Bible‍ '​s Book of Revelation, which begins "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea...." and ends "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six;" and the resulting association in Christianity of the number 666 with the Devil and the Antichrist. My own avatar rings true! She was scrapped in 2000 but her sail survives ...in Idaho. I asked how deep he'd gone in her He responded "we got nervous at 1000 feet" ( Test depth= 1300 ft./396 meters) http://navsource.org/archives/08/0866623.jpg

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote