View Single Post
Old 06-17-15, 11:18 PM   #170
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Ah I see. So the SH3 scene.dat did not work. I don't think it is there, in any case, as it just controls what the sea looks like, but not how the units react to it. Must be elsewhere. Have you checked if the UBoats in Operation Monsoon also stop rocking at peri depth? If the parameters in them were directly copied over and they stop rocking then it's clearly something in the Unit's configuration and the scope of your search is much narrower. If not, then it's probably hardcoded and lost in the transition to SH4, as you suggest.

I hadn't thought to try this. Sometime I'll give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
If you just want boxes, here is Crew Berthing. For example, to add Crew Berthing to the NARWHAL crew screen, this worked:

------- Toward bottom:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 38] <----- may need to change number
ID= CrewBerthing
NameDisplayable= Crew Quarters
FunctionalType= CrewMembersGrouping
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC1, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC2, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC3, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC4, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC5, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC6, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC7, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC8, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC9, 0,CrewMemberSlot_BerthingC10, 0

-----------
Yes, that is the part I forgot.

I played around with the sleep coefficient and a few of the others. I can't make the men sleep more, but I can make the sleep more refreshing (if that is helpful). I could make the 'maintenance' duty reduce fatigue like sleep, but there is a drawback, as they will get to the point of having negative fatigue, if left in there too long. I'll have to think about this. I would like to give the player the option of being able to rest a few of the men, even while at GQ. This could be helpful in a long engagement. I guess it is a minor point, though.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote