View Single Post
Old 06-17-15, 10:30 AM   #168
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
With the same scene.dat file in SH4 (using a S-18) the boat ceases to pitch or roll, very soon after you dive. It seems to stop between 26 and 30 ft., and after that, it is like being on rails. This is true, even when the waves are very large, and the shears/tower are periodically exposed - very unrealistic.
Ah I see. So the SH3 scene.dat did not work. I don't think it is there, in any case, as it just controls what the sea looks like, but not how the units react to it. Must be elsewhere. Have you checked if the UBoats in Operation Monsoon also stop rocking at peri depth? If the parameters in them were directly copied over and they stop rocking then it's clearly something in the Unit's configuration and the scope of your search is much narrower. If not, then it's probably hardcoded and lost in the transition to SH4, as you suggest.

Quote:
Does anyone know how to add boxes/slots in the crew page?
That must be in the menu-ini, which controls what you see in the GUI, including slots in the sub crew management screen. You will have both to create the graphical slot and to tell the game what it is, should easy by just copying the entries of an existing slot. Placing it might be a bit of trial and error, though.

You can compare the RFB menu-ini with the stock one to see where it was added.