View Single Post
Old 06-12-15, 09:01 PM   #156
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I played around with the float controller setting the float height to different values, positive and negative. I didn't notice anything, until at a level of 5.0, I happened to see 'bow splash' or whatever spray up high in front of the boat, like an invisible pixie was scattering fairy dust over my sub.

I have concluded this doesn't do anything useful. Really, I don't see why they bothered; there is still bow splash at the bow, even when I deleted the element. There are so many eye-candy factors in this game. If they had put an equal effort into the physics, it would be a much better sim.

With the scene.dat file, I took the stock SH3 file and put it in the SH4 game. Also, adjusted the waves attenuation value to 0.03, as in the SH3 file. The sub doesn't behave the same, though. In SH4, rolling and pitching stops somewhere between 26 and 30 ft. In. SH3, there is significant movement at periscope depth, and still a little at 25m. I am wondering if Ubi changed this deliberately, or if it is another thing that was accidently broken.

I may try your suggestion about the displacement; I'm not getting anywhere on my present course.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote