View Single Post
Old 06-07-15, 08:05 PM   #1950
RoflCopter4
Seaman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
Remember that old saying, "it's not how big it is, but how you use it!" Sometimes we focus on the little things and forget to look at the big picture to see how good it really is....later in the war the deck gun was removed altogether in most instances in favour of another flack gun.

If I'm going to deck gun a target, I usually get in real close for a running fight...say 100 meters at most while manning the flack gun, just in case you have to suppress any small automatic weapons they may have, before allowing the deck gun crew to fire HE shells initially, to light the fires. That way they hardly ever miss a shot so there is no ammo wasted drilling holes in the ocean.
Range can't be it. I was firing from point blank. I was so close that at one point I had to put the engines in emergency reverse to avoid a collision.

Never drink and command a u-boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I've never saw any Polish tanker near Danzing? Freighter maybe, try to find her in museum, or some single mission...
Freighter, tanker; ship, boat; water, sea; I'm sure I'm committing some kind of horrible gaffe by confusing the two, but I'm new enough to this that they're all the same to me. That it was a merchant vessel was all that registered.
RoflCopter4 is offline   Reply With Quote