View Single Post
Old 04-07-15, 11:12 AM   #188
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Icon11 A bunch of questions...

Hi guys,

forgive my total ignorance on the subject, but during the last few years I have only launched the game for testing purposes, and the last time I played the campaign (very long ago), I didn't go further than Total Germany (yep, I admit it, it was the stock campaign , but at that time OHII was still on the making!).

This is to say that my knowledge of how SH5's campaign advances is very limited... so my questions are: what is the whole point about scoring tonnage bar points? Do they count for reward and/or morale points? Are they needed for being awarded medals or higher commander's ranks (and, by the way, have the latter awards any effect on the campaign, or they are purely cosmetic features)? Are they required for being given the command of new boats? Do they open new Campaigns/Objectives/Missions? How do tonnage points relate to Campaigns' tonnage requirements? In other words: if the tonnage bar gets "stuck", do sunk tonnage still count towards fullfilling the requirements of the current Campaign? Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that OH's campaign still advances wether we fill up the tonnage bar or not, so what do we actually miss when it fails to record sunk shipping as supposed?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote