View Single Post
Old 03-23-15, 01:05 PM   #71
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark View Post

Hmmm...Im wondering if its because I run two monitors, even though the 2nd monitor is disabled it still shows up in Windows settings.
Any way to temporarily remove the other monitor from your system?

Quote:
Are the subs still stretched with this mod or is everything true 1920x1080?
Subs, 3D and most 2D screens are not stretched. Several 2D screens - crew status and damage control, torpedo status - have "hot spots" which are hard-coded. So they must be displayed as an inset in the lower-left 1024x768 pixels of the full 1920x1080 xcreen. Most other 2D screens are displayed as a 1024x768-pixel insert which is centered on the 1920x1080 screen. All the 2D screens have suitable graphic surrounds added for appearance sake. The nav chart appears in a central 1024x768 window, but it is only 1024x768 pixels in extent, so everything on the map is relatively smaller. The intertior and exterior 3D screens are not stretched. Nor are the GUI elements, dials, gauges, etc. But these latter are again relatively smaller. The only elements that are distorted are some text elements on the loading screens. The same is true for Ahnenerbe's 1920x1080 mod. Both are good-looking and quite serviceable, although not quite of the commercial quality of SH4. I can't live with stretching, and I use Van's mod all the time.

Maybe it's just my prejudice showing, but I still have to wonder if Steam isn't the issue. Have you tried a google search?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote