View Single Post
Old 03-21-15, 01:16 PM   #87
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

I'm ambivalent about the X box conversion so far. I've heard complaints about what the 'new neighbours' might be like but, to be honest, given the general tone over at the official forums a lot of the time I'm not sure it can really get any worse.

In terms of an effect on the game rather than the community, though, I'm a little suspicious over the prioritising of new versions of the game over improving the current experience. The Mac release is one thing - as far as I know that was one of the promises during the kick starter, but pushing on with an X box version when there is so much still to be done to bring it up to the level it should have been released in worries me a little.

I know they have a fairly large team of about 80 people so they certainly have the capability to do both. Whether they have the desire is another thing entirely. This much vaunted (and mostly only hinted at) 1.3 'Powerplay' upgrade should hopefully answer a few more questions whenever it actually appears.

Hell, what do I care? I'm 7000 LY from earth, I'm 1500 LY below the galactic plane and it's spooky down there. I haven't been home since they day after 1.1 arrived and I don't plan to head in any time soon. I like it out there, and, increasingly, there seems to be very little reason for me to ever go back aside from upgrading to an asp.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote