View Single Post
Old 02-28-15, 12:38 PM   #79
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

HCS Voice Pack Roleplay showcase:

HCS Voice Pack VENUS showcase

I really can't recommend VoiceAttack + HCS enough. I only bought VA + ASTRA because I had the money to spend, but I did soon realise how much it can save time.
For someone like me, who now does bounty hunting, VA+ASTRA is almost as important as TrackIR.

Like the videos keep reminding, it's all customizable. But do note that none of the HCS packs are required, but they do give you profiles with pretty much all the commands you need to use for VoiceAttack to work.

Example of customization and a time saver:
I am fighting an Anaconda let's say. I want to keep behind it. I use both my TrackIR and joystick+throttle to do that.
With VA+ASTRA, I can say 'Engines' to get max power to the engines if I need extra speed+agility, or if I am in good position to fire, I can say 'Weapons' and ASTRA maximizes power to weapons.
All while concentrating on keeping behind the Anaconda.
Something like that is especially important if you are flying a small ship like I am (Eagle) and you have to keep out of the range of the Anaconda's guns.

Naturally, you can say 'Launch Chaff' (or customize it to just 'Chaff') to launch countermeasures etc. etc.

So, I can't say I have ever thought I'd need voice commands, but in ED they do help, especially if you do fighting. Almost like having a third hand.

EDIT: Eddie, feel free to add me to your friends: CMDR Dowly (or is it just Dowly?)
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote