View Single Post
Old 02-23-15, 01:59 AM   #90
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HertogJan View Post

Regarding the submerged range, if you got subs to go the range shown in the .sim file that would be a major improvement, Co2 will come into play more.
Yes, it does. This is a big improvement, if you patrol submerged much. Before, I might submerge (in a S-class) for 12 hrs. at 1.5 or 2 knots, and still barely be able to recharge the batteries that night. Now, I can run submerged at 3 or 3.5 kn. and easily recharge the batteries in a few hours. It is much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post
Concerning drafts, seems we often go for the keel shot which is fun and the way the game is set up is conducive to it.
Not sure about that. I don't think the merchants in RFB have defined keel zones that can be hit; meaning keel shots would be a waste of time. It has always struck me as being unrealistic anyway.
Most of the time, 1 or 2 torps will sink a merchant. Maybe it is different with TMO and other mods.

It's good that you're reading O'Kane; very worthwhile "training".

I've started reading Blair's history of the Atlantic U-boat campaign. It seems the Germans had as much trouble with their torpedoes as the USN had. Very interesting.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote