Old 02-16-15, 02:06 PM   #1035
Nerazzurri
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Thanks folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Seriously, any time you end a career abnormally, you will see the Null grid designator. For example, if you delete your last save, then exit SH3 to Commander, Null grid will appear. If you choose Abandon Career, then delete the "Dead" save, it will appear. You can not change it. But it doesn't affect anything. When you restart SH3 from SH3C reload a save, and exit that with a normal save, the proper grid designation will reappear.
Thing is, I've not did any of those; and when I try to start the save game it loads until the initial script, 'a long time ago' or whatever it is, appears and then it crashes.

I also tried reloading the previous save, so losing the most previous one, but it behaved just the same.

Puzzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowi58 View Post
But i still have this problem with the grid NULL when i start a socalled "savegame". Normaly - realy normaly - that doesn't matter. Ignore the grid NULL and start your savegame. In more than 90% of all cases it will start fine - that's my experience.
Yeah, I tried ignoring it and also entering a new grid. Neither worked. I tried ignoring it and loading the save about 5 or six times with no success.

I saved the patrol and exited the game in my normal manner - on the surface with no contacts, in the control room (F2), exit and save, then return to base (the other option is continue).

Weird.