View Single Post
Old 02-16-15, 08:16 AM   #1033
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri View Post
First time I've encountered this problem.

Fired up SH3, and then my mid-patrol save, through Commander as usual and got a CTD. When I restarted Commander I noticed it had a 'null' patrol grid. So I thought no problem, just manually enter a new grid and that'll solve it. But it didn't.

When I try to manually enter a grid and click on the tick button it doesn't register - Comm still shows 'null grid'.

I'm not sure if I should try an earlier save or whether it would ruin that save.

Any thoughts please??
That's a feature.

Seriously, any time you end a career abnormally, you will see the Null grid designator. For example, if you delete your last save, then exit SH3 to Commander, Null grid will appear. If you choose Abandon Career, then delete the "Dead" save, it will appear. You can not change it. But it doesn't affect anything. When you restart SH3 from SH3C reload a save, and exit that with a normal save, the proper grid designation will reappear. And the Null designation will not a have any impact on any previous save. This may be the worst bug Jscones left in SH3C. If so, I for one can live with it.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote