View Single Post
Old 02-09-15, 05:44 PM   #4
Vodo77
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thank you guys.

Nice to know about the saves, i usualy run on a few different saves, but overwrite them as i progress, i'll avoid that now.

On mods, as i said, not for this run. I want to see what a normal campaign looks like first.
And i had a lot of trouble making SH4 run on my pc, steam or 32 bit win 7 or both being the cause, i guess. So ... not touching it right now

Next question will be about visibility/stealth:

Say i'm surfaced and have a target on visual. If i select him on the map, a circle will appear around him. I suppose it's his vision range, right?
Because i already had a case where i moved close but outside a tanker's circle while surfaced (his circle was approx 7km and i was 8km from him), yet he probably saw me because he started zigzagging.
It was clear daylight, which i guess didn't help me, but how can i know when i'm seen and when i'm not?

Then, let's say i'm in position, submerged. If my attack needs the periscope, i will have to get it out at some point. how do i know my target won't see the periscope?

And last, a small question about identifying targets. does the game keep identifications when i submerge or retract the periscope?
I had this problem on a small convoy recently: in position, periscope up, ID a T3 tanker to get his speed, periscope down and wait a bit. Periscope up again, i had to re-ID him, still far so periscope down and waited again. third time i had to re-ID him again. It was tedious ^^
Vodo77 is offline   Reply With Quote