View Single Post
Old 01-18-15, 11:24 AM   #1079
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Stiebler, many thanks for the quick and clear response. Answers my questions completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
There is a limit to how much time should be spent on improving visual features for a supermod that is intended to be played for its game-realism (not its optical-realism).
I quite agree. At the moment, I am in a quandary. 3.6F has pushed out HiRes Subs, losing a considerable visual enhancement to gain another. But it also conflicts with MEP5 Visual Sensors and Rubini's New Hydrophone Layers. Both of these mods affect gameplay. I am in the process of bootlegging around the incompatibilities of all three and expect success.

Still, I am also considering just extracting Fsaconi's TypXb and reverting to 3.6D. The biggest drawback to doing so is that my setup would be out of sync with the current version, and upgrading to future versions could become problematical. I shun radar - emitters on stealth platforms are at best an adjunct and tend to be detrimental to the primary mission - so the animations, while very cool, don't add that much to the way I play.

For now, I am going to finish compatiblizing 3.6F with HiRes Subs, MEP5 Visual Sensors, and Rubini's Hydrophone Layers. I'll get that working, and then make a decision to stay with 3.6F or go back to 3.6D.

Again, many thanks for all your fine modding work and for keeping NYGM an evolving game system. Work like yours is what keeps SH3 a vital game after 10 years.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote