View Single Post
Old 01-15-15, 05:59 PM   #96
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Okay, this is fun. The first time I tried to add in the new compass it worked, but only the inner 10-degree vernier dial would turn. I tried changing the new Menu.ini locations back to the old ones. That left me with a smaller dial that didn't turn at all. I experimented with changing them one at a time, and got rings in the wrong places. I tried switching back again and got crashes with the "Menu item not found" notices. If I used the old (Simfeeling) items it would show one of the new ones missing. If I used the new ones it would show one of the old ones missing.

I finally tried adding all the new ones to the end of the list and renumbering them, and that's when it got real fun.

The screenshot doesn't really show what's going on. On the larger gauge in the back the 10-degree vernier dial is rotating, but nothing else is. On the smaller gauge in front the main compass dial is turning but the vernier is not. Whereas when I had only the big gauge nothing worked but the vernier, now the boat will turn when I click on the smaller dial. Maybe later I'll try changing one of the new listings at a time. For now this is severely cutting into my model building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
The Menu_1024_768.ini is an area I have not done much with either but plan to learn more about it.
With FLB_Sales's Simfeeling 6-Dials mod you have to edit the locations yourself. He does give simple step-by-step instructions so if anything does go wrong it's fairly easy to double-check all the changes.