Thread: RSRDC question
View Single Post
Old 12-30-14, 11:44 PM   #12
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Basically with trav mod the not taking damage ramming is so your sub can sit on the bottom without taking damage, so what's more important to you. The code is backward, you take damage sitting stopped on the ocean floor. However, no one should be ramming ship, you do no damage to anything worth sinking, cept fishing boats and such. However, you can often find yourself flooded and can't control your dive and sink. If you're in shallow enough water, say 300 ft for instance, you can just sit there and repair instead of taking damage. It doesn't take long for damage to start piling up sitting on the ocean floor without trav. It's a more realistic factor to have in your favor, saved me several times.

However, several things about last version of trav I don't like. A few campaign bugs, hate the env and the crew ratings, seems at 80% injury, a crew member goes to zero and does nothing. I think I made this 50%, because at 80% and boat sinking, I wouldn't be in the bunk.

I liked trav 2.2 much better, just use that and add some other things I like from last version and my own changes.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote