View Single Post
Old 12-25-14, 06:29 PM   #413
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

That is hilarious, Oberon! That is no car, but a travesty, a carricature, and mean joke of automobile history. - And no, I have not downloaded it.

The German Heinkel "Kabinenroller" also was such an ugly thing of a wannabe-car... lol

I tried the Yellowbird with dramatically reduced turbo charger this evening, and wonder oh wonder: all of a sudden one realises how very well balanced the car really is. It is the insane acceleration added by the turbo charger that turns it into a suicide-machine.

And another mod car I would recommend, the Broadspeed Jaguar XJ12C ETCC. Visually it still is a bit rough around the edges, and the sounds are not original either - but the force feedback you get from this oldtimer and the general driving behavior that calls for easy hands and feet, is top class. Whether it is realistic I cannot say, but it is great fun and pleasure to drive it. The car is from 1977, one should keep that in mind.

The Ginetta G55 GT4 also was a nice discovery from two weeks ago or so, easy and good-behaving.

It's 70 cars in the garage now. And the next ten Kunos releases and then some more licences later already are announced, with modders not resting either. I have sorted my track collection and got rid of those that I do not use much anyway or do not like or that are mediocre, many illegal ports I have not downloaded anyway. One could have far over 100 tracks already if one wants that and does not care for quality or legality. But in the end I find myself always coming back to the same tracks again and again anyway. So my installed collection is around 50 now.