View Single Post
Old 10-28-14, 09:16 AM   #1006
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
I read all the NYGM manuals but I couldn't find this addition.

Is Rubinis hydrophone workaround mod in NYGM?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193199

It looks like a neat mod for our AI (only) hydrophone guys. It requires you to dive deeper to hear a greater distance.

Steibler? What do you think?
I think it is not included in NYGM through version 3.6D. Two pieces of evidence: First, the version I use is called New _hidrophone _layers for SH3 v2.0_NYGM. It's one of several versions for various megamods included in the download New_Hydrophones_layersV2.0_reworked1.1.7z. Probably wouldn't have a version for NYGM if it is included. Second, New _hidrophone _layers for SH3 v2.0_NYGM includes a modified version of the file Sensors.cam. Sensors.cam is not modified by NYGM v2.5, NYGM3 New, or NYGM v3.6D. So I believe the separate Rubini mod is needed.

Rubini's mod works great! You can easily see the effect. At periscope depth, you hear nothing that isn't on top of you. Go a little deeper and you hear more ships. Go down to 30 m and suddenly you are picking them up a long way away. As you say, it only works for the sound guy. You can still hear ships if you listen yourself. But I am generally too busy fighting the boat to go and help a rating do his job.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote