View Single Post
Old 10-22-14, 04:22 AM   #348
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma441 View Post
I only downloaded this game this morning and instantly fell in love. I have always enjoyed games with a lot of depth and this game definitely has the potential to have a LOT of depth. The realism is great, though I don't know much about submarines I feel like I'm getting a pretty authentic experience here. anyway, my suggestions.

It would be pretty cool to give crew members multiple speeds, (e.g. crew members will move at a slower or 'walking speed' when there is no emergency but will move at a faster or 'running' speed when there is a fire, hull damage etc.) maybe even give some crew members an 'agile' attribute which would give them a slight advantage. another thing I noticed is that when a crew member dies they just come back to life once you refill at a port, but it would be pretty cool and a little more realistic to see them get replaced by a new crew member with a new set of skills and attributes.

I would also like to see something more interactive at ports on arrival; maybe a menu of options. These options could include things such as crew replacements, picking up different equipment or even taking new missions from the port rather than the radio. Another interesting feature could possibly be the addition of battleships and/or aircraft carriers which would add a whole different aspect of game play.

I know some of my suggestions are a bit 'out there' or just sound dumb but I hope a few of them help with the next update which I'm sure is going to be great. It's nice to see how well this game has come out and how big of an impact the updates have. The 3D version looks like it's going to be a blast, though I hope it keeps the same authenticity that the original has managed to provide.
Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for the good suggestions. I particularly like the idea of an agility stat for crewmen - the stat would be affected by the amount and type of gear carried, so there would be an actual penalty for simultaneously loading up one guy with a gas mask, welder, toolbox, extinguisher, rad suit, SCBA gear etc. Definitely sounds like a good game mechanic to me.

A rearming / refitting menu when the sub is docked is planned, as are aircraft carriers. They've been sitting on the 'to do' list for a looong time but they'll be added eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma441 View Post
Thanks Jimbuna I found a few glitches I thought I would point out though they might be features

Periscope Submerged: the game says that the periscope is submerged while the maneuver control panel says it is visible

Unable to Reach Coolant Pumps and/or Outer/Pressure Hull: crew members aren't able to reach certain components of the sub (especially in the November, Typhoon and Triton class sub) to repair them though it might be a feature to not be able to repair the outer hull.
And thanks for these bug reports The periscope one is definitely a bug, I'll look into it. Pretty sure there are no inaccessible objects though, crew can climb over / under objects (if there is no other way) so they should still be able to repair that pump. And yeah, it's not possible to repair the outer hull while at sea at the moment - not sure if I'll change this in the future.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote