Old 10-16-14, 08:43 PM   #978
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Lanzfeld:

H.sie used GWX, where the night time settings are much darker than for NYGM.
I use the options selector to disable H.sie's Night Vision Fix visual option completely. Otherwise you will have to experiment. H.sie's suggested values definitely do not apply to NYGM.

Stiebler.
hello Stiebler ,

during the development of Night Vision Fix ,we (me,H.Sie and Rubini) discovered that the night time settings and especially the ''Visual light factor'' (and not only this factor) in sensors.cfg (the file that is responsible for player's visuals) have no impact in game at all ! yes, i know that this may sounds strange to all of you but it is true.we are sure about it becuase we had tools that were showing us ,in real time on screen, the output of probabillity of detection.
in NYGM the ''Visual light factor'' value is 1.6 and in gwx is 5 and i ensure you that if you make this value 100 nothing is changing in game. H.Sie's values are ok for all supermods as a base.there ,may , need some tiny adjustment ,especially at the ''Visual fog factor'' value, but all these are explained in the readme files of the mod.

Night Vision Fix is one of the greatest hardcoded fixes ever made and the reason is simply becuase it is working, becuase it has no side effects and finally becuase there were never good working crew visuals to any supermod.
the way it is working can't hurt anyone as it simply moves the fog certain closer to user during the night times.
there are four night states in sh3, in the state of the clear night you can see here the results from a test i made on a stock NYGM setup (problem is not exclusively to NYGM though but to all supermods):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=31
look only at the results at ''on pure NYGM installation (no mods enabled and no tweaks at NYGM's files)'' , don't pay attention to the rest stuff there as all the rest were earlier to Night Vision Fix that born later. if you believe that spotting a ship at even 14km during night is acceptable then i really don't know what to say more about the Night Vision Fix.
with Night Vision Fix , H.Sie gave the player the opportunity to reduce these distances to whatever percent player likes.with Night Vision Fix you can reduce these values to even 70% or 80% or a little bit if you like so why not to use it ?

in my opinion , Night Vision Fix is one of the best mods ever made for sh3

ps: Stiebler , don't take anything personal , NYGM has nothing to do with this. the bug is a sh3's one and it is fixed,i suggest you to take a closer look at it. i remember that there were some issues though on the way the mod worked on NYGM's enviro (and only on NYGM's enviro) but this,if i remember correct, was easily healed with some slight changes at fog's colors during night. i can help you with that ,if you like, and let you see it happening on your screen too.
two of the most important and experienced moders (H.Sie - Rubini) dealed with it and i ensure you that if you had the opportunity to look at the background during the development you would have no doupt about it today.

all the best,
Manos

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 10-16-14 at 09:15 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote