View Single Post
Old 09-28-14, 03:10 AM   #6805
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobon View Post
So: My question is: what happened? Why I cant finish off even a small ship with one torpedo UNDER THE KEEL? ^^ or Why a 4000-4500 ton merchant needs 3 torpedo? I experienced many cases like this, I just doesnt know how to kill in GWX... And many times you dont have this mutch of a time, and chance to sink something... In reality, even the biggest merchants sunk via 1 torpedo, or maximum two.

Wheres the flooding? No clue after many many hours...
Well... Have a look at this, and a load of other sinking reports on the site. 1500 ton ship hit by two torpedoes and took a couple of hours to sink:

http://www.uboat.net/allies/merchants/ships/1244.html

Sometimes the ships just wouldn't sink quickly, or even sink at all. The Royal Navy eventually sank some torpedoed and abandoned wrecks that would not sink otherwise, to avoid collisions on the busy sea lanes.

Theoretically magnetic shots under the keel should cause massive damage to even battle ships. GWX balances the thing nicely for a game, IMO. But you could try NYGM. I think flooding is modeled differently in that mod.